Winter Solstice offerings…
New Ongoing Class coming in January
12:15-1:30 pm Wednesdays
Having difficulty finding time for yoga? Join us on Wednesdays during the noon hour. Students may arrive late and leave early, as schedules permit. Re-energize for a bright afternoon! We will flow through some poses, balance a bit, and end with savasana enhanced with essential oils.
2016 Workshop Series: Yoga and Essential Oils
Monthly workshops with essential oils offered in conjunction with a yoga theme.
Saturday, January 23: New Year – New Vision
with Joan Sherwood
1 – 2:30 pm
Join us for an active flow with twists and inversions (modifications always available). Clear your space and your intention and resolve and renew your 2016.
Essential Oils – Juniper Berry, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Wild Orange
$20 for those registered by January 20; $25 at the door
February 20: Connection (active hatha yoga / heart openers) with Lisa Dover
March 26: Release, Relax, Restore with Joan SherwoodA Yin Practice with long held, relaxing asanas (poses) with a focus on breath, sensation, and stillness.Essential Oils – Cypress, Grapefruit, Frankincense, Marjoram, Deep Blue blend (Wintergreen, Camphor Bark, Peppermint, Blue Tansy Flower, Blue Camomile Flower, Helichrysum Flower, Osmanthus Flower Extract), Balance blend (Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, Coconut Oil)
- April 23: Energy (hatha yoga / twists and forward bends)
- May 28: Renew (detoxifying yin for kidney / liver meridian)
- June 25: Breathe (vinyasa flow / focus on side body opening)
- July 23: Freedom (hatha yoga / chest and hip openers)
- August 27: Balance (vinyasa flow)
- September 24: Foundation (lower chakra work)
- October 22: Release (gentle vinyasa / heart, hip openers, deep forward folds)
- November 26: Gratitude (heart chakra / heart openers)
- December 16: Compassion (hip openers / forward folds)
Essential oils can be diffused into the air, applied topically to the skin, or taken internally (for example, added to your water bottle). Experience the stimulating, relaxing, and purifying effects of essential oils in these themed workshops.
Upcoming Teacher Changes
- Shelley Hill
- Vinyasa I
- Tuesdays, 5:30 – 7 pm
- beginning Dec. 22.
- Susan Bausch will teach Dec 8 and 15
- Jenny and Sara Kaiser
- Saturday Morning Vinyasa*
- 9 – 10:30 am, begins Jan 9
- Kelsey Tripp will teach on Dec 12, 19 and Jan 2.
- * New class description: Experience the body-mind benefits of linking breath with movement in this playful and uplifting vinyasa class. This practice incorporates flowing sequences with a mix of sun salutations, standing and seated poses and a playful approach to arm balances and inversions. Come ready to play hard, work hard and leave with a calm mind and energized spirit.
- (For active beginners through advanced practitioners)
Introducing Maxwell Johnson…
Max studies music business with a focus in percussion at SIUC where he plays in the percussion ensemble and civic orchestra. He has a deep interest in world music and plays instruments including Native American flutes and handpans. He enjoys making ambient music which focuses on sound more than melodic form and often incorporates improvisation. He is interested in pairing his music with the atmosphere of the yoga studio and will accompany our practices at times over the coming months.
With Holidays around the corner…
Yes we have gift certificates!
Ongoing Class Schedule
Regular schedule through Tues, Dec. 22, resumes Saturday, Jan 2.
- Wednesday, Dec. 23: Gentle and Yin Yoga
- Thursday, Dec. 24 – Saturday, Dec. 26: Studio closed
- Sunday Dec. 27: tba
- Monday, Dec. 28: tba
- Tuesday, Dec. 29: Slow Flow and Vinyasa I with Shelley Hill as usual
- Wednesday, Dec. 30: Gentle and Yin Yoga
- Thursday, Dec. 31 and Friday, Jan. 1– Studio closed
one | o | one yoga
Since 1996, offering 11 classes weekly in a range of yoga styles (vinyasa, therapeutic, hot, gentle, yin, kundalini) for practitioners at every level. With 7 certified teachers, private instruction; Workshops and Special Events
website updated 11/19/15